- Pesticides & Pets
- Chemical Spills
- Fire Ants
- Bed Bugs
- Pesticides in Food
- Tick Pesticides
- Pesticides & Rats
- Entomology & Flies
Bed Bugs Attracted To Certain Colors
Research published in the Journal of Medical Entomology by researchers from the University of Florida and Union College examined if bed bugs preferred certain colors for their hiding places.
The results suggested that bed bugs avoid areas that were colored green and yellow. They preferred areas that red and black for their hiding areas.
One of the studies author Dr. McNeill said "...the main reason we think they preferred red colors is because bed bugs themselves appeared red, so they go to harborages because they want to be with other bud bugs..."
List of Top 50 Cities for Bed Bugs
Atlanta Pest control management expert, Orkin has released their compiled has compiled a list of the top 50 cities for bed bugs for the sixth year.
Several new cities have been added to the list for thee first time. They are: Portland, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City and Greensboro/High Point. This list includes residential and commercial.
Bed Bug Treatment Guidelines Published by Cornell University
The main directive of treating bed bugs is to use an Integrated Management Approach according to Cornell University researchers.
These key methods include:
- Inspect infested areas
- Correctly identify the pest (Mr. Sprague can assist with this).
- Keep records, including dates (Mr. Sprague understands what type of information is needed in the records).
- Clean all items within a bed bug infestation
- Reduce clutter around the infested area
- Eliminate bed bug habitats
- Read the full article below for the full list of suggestions and treatments
Click here to read more.
Information about bed bugs
- Bed bugs are about the size of an apple seed.
- Bed bugs are everywhere.
- The best method to get rid of bed bugs is to heat them.
- Bed bugs are slow-moving and prefer to stay where people sleep.